Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Dark Knight and a Full Moon

~~~~
(Post is not a plot spoiler) July 18th was the opening day for the new Batman Movie ~ The Dark Knight. I bought my two tickets on July 17th . We were going to go to the 12:01am showing (less line-up perhaps), but it is a 3 hour movie and hubby still needs to go to work on Friday.

We decided to go to the 10:30pm showing instead. All day Friday the weather channel was calling for rain, hail and a severe weather watch locally. I thought that was rather fitting actually. The weather was matching the title of the movie. Did we stay home? . . . . Not a chance ! For those of you that read my posts regularly, you know that the wind is a frequent flyer at my house. Luckily the weather just turned into a soft fog with a bright full moon and some haunting shadows. Did you notice the one lone star off to the right? I did. I snapped a few pictures from my front door when we got home and thought about a star that was diminished far too soon.

The movie does live up to all the hype and Heath Ledger's performance is absolutely Oscar worthy. You left us too soon Heath. Wish you were still here.


Source: Dima Gavrysh file
~~~~

My blogging friend Mya, participated in the "Sunday Scribblings" assignment this week. I have learned that it is all about Ghosts this week. I actually wrote this post before I knew about the Sunday Scribblings. Since my post is a little "spooky" ~ I have added my link to the list of Ghost Stories. Happy reading. Lots of interesting stories to view ~ the Ghostly links are found on assignment #120 here

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Hi Karen...

A wonderful photograph!
I love looking at the moon when it is fairly low in the sky...always makes me think of October...

I wish he was still here as well...a shame. I am really anxious to see this movie. I think we are going next week.

Have a great day!
Hugs, Nancy

Brenda said...

Hi Karen,
Fabulous picture! I love dark nights. Glad the movie was a winner. Have a lovely weekend.

Brendie

Mya said...

Karen,
How are you? I did hear that Heath was superb in this movie. I am very sad that his time with us was so short. What a brilliant actor. The moon pic is wonderful and oh so spooky.
-Mya

Cami said...

OOoohhhh, I can't wait!

Tanya Gwen Minnick said...

Thanks for coming by my blog, and the comment on my "ghost scribbling"...:)
I loved the picture of your foggy night and lone star. I wanted to climb right into the picture and stroll down the street under the moon! very cool :)