Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Treasure Trove of Antiques

~~~
This is what has been keeping me very busy lately. I have helping set up a local home for a 3 day Estate sale in mid-November. It will be a spectacular sale! This particular home is a Treasure Trove of goodies. I have really enjoyed helping to set up the entire four bedroom house. We are about half done so far. I have been working with another woman. The two of us have are busily sorting, cleaning and arranging everything in the house. The collection of China is outstanding.

I just love the Blue and Whites ~ I just might have to buy a few of these plates







This formal pattern has over 150 pieces and the dinning room table seats 14



This one cupboard took me a full day to wash and arrange



Today we were far enough along on the first floor to start arranging the second floor. I was in my glory today . . . china is nice but give me vintage toys and linens any day : )





~ Look at all the stunning needlework ~




Tomorrow I get to tackle the walk in Linen Closet (full of lace, quilts and bedding ~ I can't wait )


It is so much fun to unpack all these wonderful antique toys


Boxes of doll houses, dolls and sets of farm animals



Oh . . . . and did I mention that the house is a little . . . well . . . . interesting? Just to keep us on our toes . . . we do feel like we are being watched. Check out the curtain that is right beside the front door. We were both outside when I took this photo. We are ready for Halloween !



Spooky isn't it !!!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! That IS a spooky photo. That is some christmas china display! Wow, that is SOME service for 14, too!

Brenda said...

Hi Karen,
Sooooo, you have company? Make sure you girls behave yourselves and be careful with all the belongings. We wouldn't want to upset anyone, would we?

Brendie

Nancy said...

Oh Karen...that house is filled with treasures...The china is gorgeous! I love good china...and the toys. How wonderful to have all of these treasures to showcase. The needlework is beautiful. My arms don't reach that far...darn! I think I would have a field day in there...not to mention the workout my wallet would take!

Have fun!
Boo to you!
Hugs, Nancy

Lynn said...

Wow, is all this in someones home? Maybe they are keeping an eye on what you do while you are there LOL. You must be in vintage heaven Karen :)

Karen ~ Cider Antiques said...

Yep, it is all in one home in the oldest part of Ottawa. We are very careful . . . even with the loose pennies. Keepin' everyone happy :)

Karen

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,

i love rosess..in Brunei is hard to find out such thing like yours.

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

I LOVE your china collection there. That is beautiful.

Nicole said...

Your probably helping those spirits move on by selling their stuff! Love it!

mark anthony reola said...

nice!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.