Thursday, April 8, 2010

Pretty Glass Things I Never Use, LOL

Even though my China Cabinet has glass doors it really does get very dusty in there. I guess I really don't ever use these things! I still think they are pretty but . . . rather neglected. Ah well, I guess I am a white dishes type. I will use that cake plate and four little dessert plates the next time I have the gals over for coffee though ~ promise!

I did buy two of these domes at a thrift shop not too long ago. I think I will actually use them! They will be good for protecting food when we eat outside on the deck this summer. Maybe the wasps won't even smell the goodies if they are covered up. For now they display velvet millinery : )

I bought this little creamer at an auction a long time ago. It was in a box lot of odds and sods. I think its beautiful. I should use this creamer at my next coffee too!


This little gal was hidden at the back of my junk cupboard. She is so pretty I don't know how she ended up there. She has found a home in my cabinet too. The puppy reminds me of Cider when she was little. Well that's a good start for spring cleaning : ) What I really want to do next is paint my kitchen : )

6 comments:

Finegan Antiques said...

Now that you have the pretty dishes for the tea what are you going to serve? I love high teas. To me they are soothing and relaxing and oh so yummy.

Donna

Cindy said...

I have started too, I was away for 3 weeks and I have to say, Mr. Hubby took his own vacation here, it is amazing how the dust collects.

The Victorian Parlor said...

What lovely treasures! I get dust in my china cabinets too but I rarely dust them:). I am hoping to start painting my kitchen cabinets soon as well.

Blessings,

Kim

MARY said...

OMG.... I love that glass dome... I WANT that glass dome. I'll look after it and dust it for you... promise...

Nancy said...

Hi Karen...
Your pieces are so lovely...don't you just love domes?...you can do so much with them. I like the idea of velvet...pretty!

Have a wonderful day!
Hugs, Nancy

Lynn said...

I just love the glass domes, but can never find them, and I like how you have it displayed too :) I also collect jugs but they are not antique, just pretty.